Saturday, June 28, 2014

You're Pregnant?????

Finding out that your wife is pregnant at the age of 45, and you are 42, is definitely a memorable moment.   I couldn't believe it.  Seriously.  I thought it was a cruel joke.  

The Bike Experience


Both Nancy and I were pretty active cyclist in 2006.  We both had nice road bikes that we road on a regular basis with local church friends and the local cycling club.  A 60 mile loop was the average because we could easily go 75 or 100 miles if we were feeling good.  This one particular day, we were all feeling good except for Nancy.   She kept stopping to throw up.  I couldn't believe it.  We were all giving her grief over her pre-ride meal which normally consisted of a pepper packed koloche of some type.  SO we were ride, let Nancy throw up, ride, and then let Nancy throw up.... pretty much all the way home.

The Test


Nancy said she felt really strange.  Strange enough to stop and buy a $1 pregnancy test.   Then she took it and it was positive for baby.  I came home 
to find her sitting on the couch crying and in a complete panic.  She was doing math calculations faster than Einstein and then break out in worries.  I was pretty excited.  Concerned about how this happened and wondering if the baby was going to look like the pool boy, but happy and excited.  

Call in the Troops


I called Nancy's best friend, Jenny Jarrell, for some comfort and to help me get Nancy back to earth.  I decided to get gas in the truck.  I filled up the truck at the local station and then drove off.   Only driving down the road I realized that I had the gas nozzle and hose dragging down the road with me.  I drove back to the station only to have the clerk say "Dude, you have a lot on your mind right now".   Man, did I need a paper clip!  

To Close


Ross' birth was so significant to us.  We really had no idea what God's plans were at the time but it is a lot clearer now.   I can't imagine going through what we are going through without Ross in our lives.   He is why we moved to Brownwood and is really what is keeping Nancy together.   His future is her future and we are so thankful for that.  Praise God.


No comments:

Post a Comment