Friday, June 27, 2014

Friendships Don't Expire

Friendships Don't Expire

What has been so surprising, in a very pleasant way is how many friends from the past have reached out to me.  This has given me so much opportunity to get caught up with good people, reflect on great memories, and just hear how good people have grown through their lives.

It has also proved that time does not really impact true friendships.  I have been requainted with friends I have known from all stages of my life. This includes since birth thruough our parents (49+ years). Friends I went to kindergarten and first grade with (42+ years).  Friends from Jr High and High School that I have not seen since graduation (30+ years).  Friends we met after marriage (28+ years).  

Then there is the special group of friends from Houston/CLPC who I have only known 13+ years, yet those are some of my closest friends since I have been around them so much.  They are also such an important part of my faith journey.  We shared so much of our life together during this time.  

I also have those friends that we just met since we moved to Brownwood.  I have only known Scotty Crawford for 7-8 months but it seams like my wholelife. 


FaceBook


Different media have contributed to this and I am grateful for that.  FaceBook has been a big positive for me in being connected to so many different people.  I have found and people have found me who I have not heard from in over 30 years.   This simply would not be possible had I not taken advantage of FB.  

I started using FB when Nancy was diagnosed with cancer.  We used it to keep friends and family updated on her status.  Then I used it to keep family updated on Sarah and Ross.  So it was naturally I keep using it after my diagnosis.   Then  I started using FB to keep up with prayer requests from others.


What a Blessing


Every conversation, email, text, visit, FB comment, FB message, and all other means of communiticating with these frieds (you all) have meant so much to me.  I am so grateful for the technology that enabled it but more importantly the compassion that prompted that friend to find me and drop me a note.  I am so grateful and everyone has just brightened my day and made this part of my journey a little easier.  Thank YOU so much for making the effort to friend me or text me whether it is once or constantly.  

Thank you again for your prayers and encouragement.  The number of people who, like me, topic of faith and God never came up in the past but now it does is quite refreshing.  Obviously we all have gone down our own faith journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment