Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Trusting in God's Plan


Trusting in God's plan is real easy to do, until that plan includes dying.  Then it becomes a real test but can be passed.   The truth is, as I have mentioned several times before is that nobody survives life and we all need to accept the fact that death is always part of God's big plan for us.  We just need to remember so is God providing us something better.  

When I was diagonsed in Feb 2011 I had two big fears hit me.  The first was about dieing.  The second was Nancy's ability to financially survive after I passed.  I soon realized I couldn't resolve one without the other. 

Accepting death is the first action to take when diagnosed with cancer.  Once you accept the fact that nobody survives life and that cancer can easily kill you, then the fear goes away.  At least my fear went away.  Once you have no fear, you can think clearly and make other decisions without emotions, or as many as if you don't accept death. 


Not a Give Up, but a Test in Faith 


Acceptance of death is not a give up statement.  I still want to and have always rather than live than die this young.  However, I have faith in God and that faith trumps all.   As I have quoted before:

Hebrews 11
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
The Triumphs of Faith

11 Now faith is the [a]assurance of things [b]hoped for, the [c]conviction of things not seen. 2 For by it the men of old [d]gained approval.

3 By faith we understand that the [e]worlds were prepared by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things which are visible.

Then Hebrews 11 closes by saying 

39 And all these, having [f]gained approval through their faith, did not receive [g]what was promised, 40 because God had [h]provided something better for us, so that apart from us they would not be made perfect.

I believe that God has provided something better for us upon us leaving this earth.   It is sad and hard on survivors, and on me too when I start dwelling on things I will miss with Ross.  I have no idea or preconceived notions about what life after death is like.  I know God says it's better and that is good enough for me.  So no fear here! 

If you struggle with this basic belief of Christianity, then you will struggle getting over the fear of death and we are back to where we started.   


Now No Fear - Now What?


The more fears you can elminate in your mind, the more room you can make for joy, peace, and happiness.  Once I eliminated fear of dieing by acceptance of death thanks to Faith in God, I was able to take care of the practical and pragmatic stuff that was bothering with Nancy and future finances - no worries there anymore either.  

I had other fears that I was also able to knock down through Faith in God.   There is a fine line, if any line, between Faith and Trust.  Normally in "trusting situation" physical evidence surfaces to prove a truth.   In a "Faith situation", no physical evidence may ever surface, which is ok too.  

I quickly put trust into the hands of those people that God put around me, which is another common theme in all that write and say.  At work, I delegated everything to Bryan Wall and the rest of my leadership team - even Mike Lewsley. Work has worked out perfectly during my 3 year journey and it has opened the doors for others like Bryan.  He earned it.  

I trust my medical team and never doubted them.  Given my prognosis in Feb 2011, I exceeded their expectations and that is a good thing!  I credit my medical team for dealing with the all of the clinical side of treating my cancer.  

Most importantly, I believe and have trust in the prayers you all have constantly provided.  


God Keeps Providing


As I keep mentioning, despite the situatiion I am in, and the fact that it gets physically worse and not better - God still provides.  He never stops providing .  He continues to provide blessings to us on a daily basis in ways we could not have dreamed of.   So grateful to God for that.   Your prayers are being heard and things do change. 

Accept death by accepting faith in God's enternal mercy and that He has something better for us.   Then fears wil go away.  Unfortunately sadness and grief are just part of the process and must be dealt with - but  we all can do that! 

Genesis 50:20-21

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
20 As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good in order to bring about [a]this present result, to preserve many people alive. 21 So therefore, do not be afraid; I will provide for you and your little ones.” So he comforted them and spoke [b]kindly to them.










No comments:

Post a Comment